Where (I like) to Shop
It’s about time, I’ve been promising this post to my stylish friend Lucy (@toonerlu) for way too long. So… finally, here it is: a list of my favorites places to shop. Most of them are in New York City, but have online stores as well. I’ll keep updating the list as I remember more names.
Now, have fun, shop responsibly and tell me about your favorite stores.
- All Saints Spitafields (http://www.us.allsaints.com/) From ragged edges, to tailored jackets, to asymmetric cardigans and vintage-looking tee shirts. Perfect for putting together that steampunk look.
- Bing Bang by Anna Sheffield (http://bingbangnyc.com/) Great unique jewelry. A lot of rose gold, which I love.
- Bird (http://www.shopbird.com/) Yet another great store selling some of the best new international designers.
- Kaight (http://www.kaightshop.com/) One of my favorite neighborhood boutiques. Here you’ll find plenty of local designs and sustainable fashion here as well. Oh, and they also sell the famous Melissa shoes from Brazil.
- Kirna Zabête (http://www.kirnazabete.com/) Soho boutique selling some of the best new and contemporary high-end designers.
- Matt & Nat (http://www.mattandnat.com/) Stylish, eco friendly, vega accessories (available at Kaight in NYC).
- Need Supply Co. (http://needsupply.com) Trendy clothes, shoes and accessories. Inexpensive for the most part.
- Oak (http://www.oaknyc.com/) Edgy urban fashion from a variety of brands.
- Pixie Market (http://www.pixiemarket.com) Bearing eccentricity clothes and accessories for daring fashion enthusiasts.
- Sock Dreams (http://www.sockdreams.com/) Every possible kind of socks and tights.
- UN – United Nude (http://www.unitednude.com/) Unique shoe designs that will blow your mind.
- Svpply (http://svpply.com/) I like to think of Svpply as a community wishlist, a place where everyone can post things they want to buy. I love this site as it always brings fresh new ideas for gifts and new cool brands. Check out my Svpply list
- Moxsie (http://shop.moxsie.com) Apparel, footwear, accessories and gadgets, including interesting unique finds at accessible prices.
- Mackage and Soia & Kyo (http://www.mackage.com and http://www.soiakyo.com) Two French-Canadian companies (sister brands) that are great to keep in mind for cold weather. Soia & Kyo is a slightly younger, more fun and also more accessible brand, while Mackage offers a more sober (and pricier) line.
- La Garçonne (http://www.lagarconne.com) Contemporary designers with emphasis on clean and effortlessly chic style.